So -- What Happened?


 A study abroad semester in 2012 is what put me in full force to make a life for myself in London. A year and a half after that, we spent a month in the city working to speak to everyone we could that would give us a chance at a job to bring us back to the city. A year after that, we bought a one-way ticket and a spot at Westminster University, as confident as I could be that it would somehow work out.

The last time I wrote in here - I was finishing up a Master's Degree, well into an internship I was hoping would take me somewhere, and still in that anxious uncertainty of wondering where I would be in 4 months time.

So - what happened? 

It was a few jobs through, a few more internships after that, one hell of a final paper, and a rejection or two from the UK government, but to be able to say this makes me prouder than anything I've ever done in my life.

WE DID IT.

Two crazy Americans with even crazier dreams, moved across the world together to accomplish something that not many folks can pull off. And not even one of us managed it - but we both did.

I've been with my company since July, and got my work visa in January. We're in a new flat in Fulham. We started a music events company and have put on some pretty wild gigs. I work 5 days a week and complain about how busy the tube is at rush hour. I grab a few pints at the local bars around for post-work happy hour. We spend weekends at the parks, or wandering around a market. Life is so normal - and I couldn't be happier.

I've always said I felt like I belonged here. But now, it's a reality. London is my home.

Damn that sounds good to say.

Instagram

Where The Heart Is - An American in the UK. Theme by STS.